This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

leaf bot repeatedly deOP's 1 user after netbots was added

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Z
ZvOO
Voice

leaf bot repeatedly deOP's 1 user after netbots was added

Post by ZvOO »

Hopefully someone will point me in the right direction on this

I'm having a problem understanding why I can't get one of my leaf bots to quit setting global +d and channel -a for one particular user. Call the user "userX". Call the leaf bot "leafy". I can manually change the flags for userX in leafy's user record and it will appropriately op other +o flagged users who join the channel(s). But whenever userX joins, leafy decides it wants to deop (+d-a) him every time. Whereas the other leaf bot (call it "fred") seems to work properly and ignores userX.

The other part is this: although I've tested and found that I can easily replace leafy's user file with the user file from the hub bot (in which userX is set to global +o/channel +a) by simply issuing the '.netupdate -file userfile.user' command, the +d and -a won't go away in leafy's user record for userX no matter what I do -- aside from a manual flag change from leafy's command line. What I mean is that I entirely deleted leafy's userfile.user and userfile.user~bak files and did the netupdate thing from the hub bot and it definitely made a new userfile.user in leafy's directory. But why does this copy of the hub bot's user file (that orignates with global +o and channel +a for userX) all of a sudden have global +d channel -a for userX ? I'm sure it's something simple that I'm just clueless about :roll:

Fred simply doesn't seem to have this problem. So I think I must have some sharing configuration problems but I'm not sure how much of it is related to my netbots settings. So does anyone have any ideas about what's going on here?

TIA
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

From eggdrop.conf:
# stopnethack-mode 0
# This setting will make the bot de-op anyone who enters the channel
# with serverops. There are seven different modes for this settings:
# 0 turn off,
# 1 isoptest (allow serverop if registered op)
# 2 wasoptest (allow serverop if op before split)
# 3 allow serverop if isop or wasop
# 4 allow serverop if isop and wasop.
# 5 If the channel is -bitch, see stopnethack-mode 3
# If the channel is +bitch, see stopnethack-mode 1
# 6 If the channel is -bitch, see stopnethack-mode 2
# If the channel is +bitch, see stopnethack-mode 4
#
# revenge-mode 0
# This settings defines how the bot should punish bad users when
# revenging. There are four possible settings:
# 0 Deop the user.
# 1 Deop the user and give them the +d flag for the channel.
# 2 Deop the user, give them the +d flag for the channel, and kick them.
# 3 Deop the user, give them the +d flag for the channel, kick, and ban them.
#
So, set global-stopnethack-mode & global-revenge-mode 0 and in you channel settings set stopnethack-mode & revenge-mode 0. That should fix future problems> For existing channels via DCC use .chanset to rectify. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM