This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Stats.mod dont write into statsmod.dat

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
G
Gumble
Voice

Stats.mod dont write into statsmod.dat

Post by Gumble »

Hello,
I´ve got a problem with stats.mod.
The module seems to work fine, it shows the statistics on the channel and so on. But the module don´t write any information to the statsfile, so if I restart the bot, the stats are lost. I´ve chmod the file already to 777/755/700, but with no result.

Any idea how I can fix this problem?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Is the path to the stats file correct in your config?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
G
Gumble
Voice

Post by Gumble »

Yes it´s the right path in my config.
After the bot installation all was ok.
The bot writes the stats to the dat file. But after a lot of spamming in the bot channels, we want to clear the stats. So we stop the bot and delete the file. After restarting the bot give an error that no statsmod.dat was there.
Then we stop the bot again and "touch" the file. When the bot now start not error appears, so the path musst be correct, becaus the bot found the file.
But why he doesn´t write the stats in it? Must we put anything like "header indormation" in this dat file?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I would delete the file create a new empty file and chmod 655 file.dat i know you said you tried chmodding the file but its worth another go. i cant see any reason why this would not work if it worked before.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
G
Gumble
Voice

Post by Gumble »

Hello,
it´s works now!
But why? Need this file chmod 655?

Thank you ^DooM^ !!!
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe when you originally deleted the file it could of possibly been in use and for some quirky reason it never managed to 'close' the file as it wasnt there and figured it was still open, locked the file and could write too it. thats a pure guess tho :)

Glad its working for you now :wink:
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

^DooM^ wrote:Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe when you originally deleted the file it could of possibly been in use and for some quirky reason it never managed to 'close' the file as it wasnt there and figured it was still open, locked the file and could write too it. thats a pure guess tho :)

Glad its working for you now :wink:
I had the same thing over a year ago, even rebooting the system didnt help. I dont exactly remeber how I fixed it, but I probably deleted the old file as well :D. the funny thing was, it even read the old stat file propertly on startup succesfully, just never saved it :D.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

We will all lose are marbles if we try and figure out why eggdrop does what it does :lol: