This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Sentinel mode locks

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
w
w33d
Voice

Sentinel mode locks

Post by w33d »

first of all, great scripts/site/forum .. 90% wat an eggdrop user needs is available here ..

.. ive been usin netbots.tcl for a little while on EFnet/undernet networks and its workin just fine .. but now, after linkin to a bot on DALnet and use the same sentinel.tcl ofcourse it uses the same mode locks +im as its set .. but in DALnet, they have modes like +MR that can do a better job then +im atleast if the flooders are not usin registered nicks, which i doubt very much.. so wat im askin is, how can i make sentinel mode lock +RM instead of +im .. i tried changin the modes from the script itself, but i keep gettin this msg; Tcl error [sl_mode]: wrong # args: should be "string option arg ?arg ...?"

anyone has any idea how to change the modes from +im to +RM?

and since im askin abt sentinel, when the bot bans for floodin or somthin, a normal @op cannot take the ban, it gets enforced till the ban expires or a user wit an access unabans, how do i get that fixed?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Find and replace all

Code: Select all

+i with +R 
-i with -R
+m with +M
-m with -M 
also find and replace the following

Code: Select all

*i* with *R*
*m* with *M*
This should work but not tested.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
w
w33d
Voice

Post by w33d »

hey, thanxx for the reply .. i did wat you told me, and changed some more +mi modes i found along the way ... :oops: but only the public commands "lc" and "uc" works as +RM, the rest is still changin to +im on flood
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Hey,

Are you sure you changed them all? Try restarting the bot after you changed them. If there are no i or m modes in the script then it should not be able to impliment those mode changes.

check your script again. if it still does it paste the script in here between code tags.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
w
w33d
Voice

Post by w33d »

alright, i *think* i changed everythin now .. but b4 pastin the script i wanna ask abt this: Tcl error [sl_mode]: wrong # args: should be "string option arg ?arg ...?" is it somthin wit sentinel or somthin else? cuz i only have netbots tcls installed in this bot and i just noticed it after tryin to change the modes
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=2972

You could also try 4.09.1 which is available a few posts down, but it won't let you set +MR only.
w
w33d
Voice

Post by w33d »

thnxx for that .. i uploaded netbots-sentinel4.09.0-DALnet.tcl and renamed it as sentinel.tcl instead of the old one ... everythin works just fine for now .. will post a reply in the other topic if there was any problems wit it .....

thnx guys =)