This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

No brain.txt file nor any other wordfile for egg-fu

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
K
Kry10
Voice

No brain.txt file nor any other wordfile for egg-fu

Post by Kry10 »

Hi all, new to the forum here, so, be gentle, lol

Right, onto the problems, I am using eggdrop 1.6.17 probly an old one I know, but, it works.

I am also using egg-fu_2.0.2.tcl

This is a *nix system

I have got the eggdrop bot working without problems, even though I am cheating by using the simple.conf file, but, the problems is not with the eggdrop bot itself, the problem I am having is with the egg-fu.tcl file, apparently, I require a wordfile, but, the archived file does not come with one, it refers to brain.txt but, there is no brain.txt file anywhere, I have checked all my folders and nothing, nada, zip, zero.............so, where is this ellusive file or is there an alternative wordfile out there that I could use ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Btw, egg-fu is an AI learning bot, just in case anyone was wondering, lol.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

I have used eggfu tcl alot with my bot, its a good script, though can be an annoyance if you don't have many replies added.

Brain.txt is basically where the bot learns and stores text and spits its out on specific triggers. Brain.txt as far as I know is created in the main eggdrop directory when you first load the script. It is created automatically with some text like, asl etc in it for automated replies. Then you can go ahead and add more it in or it will record it by learning.

There is no world file, you have to add text replies in the main .tcl file. See the main tcl file, and go set its triggers in the options and variable configuration section.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
K
Kry10
Voice

Post by Kry10 »

Thanks for the help, but, I am now getting a reponse from the bot, but, nothing that makes sense, all I keep getting is the following :-

admin NiceBot, when was you born ?
NiceBot I don't know what when was you born is, admin.

So, I assume that it needs to know what the relevant response to the question would be, but, how do I get the bot to learn the relevant response ?

So, mainly, how the hell do I get it to learn stuff ?
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Then again you have to add triggers to specific words. Words of like names of days, months, what year it is, nouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives and etc all are given in lists format. Just add more to them and enable the learning feature.

Once it learns something from a user it will store it in brain.txt. And once it learns see in partyline it will tell you what has it learned and from whom.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.