This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Searching For the Script which can Ban Badnicks!!!!

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Code: Select all

set badnicks "\
sex \
s3x \
\{ \
\\ \
\[ \
\] \
\}
"
This is incorrect, badnicks is a string here and not a list. Use

set badnicks {
 "sex"
 "s3x"
 "\{"
 "\\" 
 "\[" 
 "\]" 
 "\}"
}
[ would've worked perfectly if [string equal] was used instead of [string match] since [] has special meaning in [string match] so using \[ will solve the problem.

PS: That wouldn't work if
  • was used instead of {}. If
    • is used, then you'll have to add {\[} or \\\[ instead of just \[.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

rosc2112 wrote:How is it my fault that your script can't handle [ as part of a banned channel name?
it's your fault that you think my script can't handle it, and it can; it's your fault than you are unable to escape correctly square brackets in a regexp; and unfortunately, you can't seem to comprehend what I'm saying to you
Really, if you all don't know the answer, why bother replying?
I know every answer of every question about xchannel.tcl; I wrote the thing, remember?

anyhow, it's commendable you bothered to help yourself and write a script that - albeit naive and buggy - works for you
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code