This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

.net commands not working please help

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
K
Kraka
Voice

.net commands not working please help

Post by Kraka »

i edited the netset file and all, rehased and restarted the bot and whenever i type .nethelp, or any command it just says What? Need help?. I dont know if there is anything that i need to do to get it to start. Oh yeah and I added the line of text to the end of the config file. Maybe it is my TCL libary, but I dont know how to check the version I am running, or how to install it. I am running eggdrop 1.6.17 any help please?
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Check that the script is actually loading ("Loading netbots.tcl..." should appear in the console). Having confirmed that, check the nb_owner setting in netset.tcl. If it's enabled, either disable it or add your handle to the owner variable in the bot's config file.
M
Moonster
Halfop

Post by Moonster »

Also be sure that you follow the crucial step .....

.netbots add botname

If you dont they wont add the control flag and thus they wont respond to netcommands
"Knowledge is Power"
BeastNH/Moonster on Undernet/EFnet IRC Network
K
Kraka
Voice

Post by Kraka »

well i found out that the script isn't loading. I checked to make sure i did everything right in the setup part of netset.tcl and thats right. i made the 'netbots' directory and put all the files in there, and at the end of all the bots config file i added source netbots/netbots.tcl. If anyone can help me get this script loaded please help