This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop 1.9

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
o
oddyutza
Voice

eggdrop 1.9

Post by oddyutza »

i need some help on this eggdrop version pls ... i`m confused .. everything is changed No manual ? wtf? ...

i tryed to connect to irc and :
* [21:10] Connecting to undernet.rdsnet.ro (6667).
* [21:10] Connected to undernet.rdsnet.ro, logging in.
* [21:10] -NOTICE- *** Looking up your hostname
* [21:10] -NOTICE- *** Checking Ident
* [21:10] -NOTICE- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
* [21:11] -ERROR from server- Closing Link: by Bucharest.Ro.Eu.Undernet.Org (Registration Timeout)
* [21:11] Disconnecting from server.

any help about that socks5 ?

c`mon help me here pls
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

Eggdrop 1.9 is still in early development, and will be released as eggdrop2.0 when it's done.

Here's what the dev's say about it:
Feel free to check it out and explore -- however, at this point in time it is not ready for anything other than development. Unless you have a handle on program development and are comfortable using the auto* tools -- you should not use this tree.
Eggdrop v.1.6.17 is the latest stable version.
o
oddyutza
Voice

Post by oddyutza »

explore what compilation ? ... i need a eggdrop with socks5 support can u help ?
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

Eggdrop 1.9 doesn't even have IRC module so even if you will connect it to IRC server somehow you won't be able to use any of major functions. There is no othere Eggdrop with Socks5 support.
Que?
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

is it possible to use something like "sockscap" from windows under unix, too? if so you could use a 3rd party tool to simulate a "normal" connection for the bot.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Anyone familiar as to when eggdrop2.x will be released?
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

awyeah wrote:Anyone familiar as to when eggdrop2.x will be released?
i don't believe this will happen in the current stage of progress. The last change was done 6 months ago... dont count on 1.9.
1.7 has some nice optimizations, but seems its development isnt taking any progress, either :(
De Kus
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

awyeah wrote:Anyone familiar as to when eggdrop2.x will be released?
There is one sad news. Eggdrop 1,7, 1.9 and any future versions might never be released. There is almost no progress on that project. Dev team have no time and need new programmers. It's also possible that 1.6.17 will be the last "final" version.
Que?
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

its not that wcc wouldn't do anything, its just that nobody uses the bugzilla tracker. there are a lot of unconfirmned reports...
De Kus
W
Wcc
Master

Post by Wcc »

I thought I'd give everyone an update on this.

Eggdrop1.6.x is by no means dead. The reason that there has been so little 1.6.x development is..well..there are two reasons.

1) I got a new job. I don't have the time to sit down for 6 hours straight tracking down some obscure bug like I used to. This is why the Eggdrop project MUST get some more active developers. The existing team has (mostly) gotten really bogged down by our personal lives. If we had alot of people willing to devote just a small bit of their time to Eggdrop, then more of the things that the community wants done will get done.

2) Eggdrop 1.6.17 was a really good release. There has not been a SINGLE show-stopper, reproducable bug discovered to this date (that I know of). 1.6.18 will be released before too long, but there haven't been enough major changes to justify a release quite yet (although, looking at the changeset, it looks like it is about time to start considering one).

As for 1.7.x, for now, it is dead. Tothwolf and I were basically the only ones working on this project, and neither of us currently have the time. The idea for 1.7.x, for those of you that don't watch the eggdrop mailing lists, was to create a bot that was entirely compatable with 1.6.x, but which supported SSL, IPv6, 005 support, etc., and was faster and cleaner, with some legacy support removed. These things are in high demand, but the current development team just doesn't have the time to implement them. This can change, however.

As for 1.9.x / 2.0: We have made tremendous progress on this release over the years. It is so close (yet seemingly so far, at this rate) from completion. The last MAJOR piece (as far as I can recall) is our new botnet protocol. Again, none of us have the time to devote to it right now. The other BIG next step is TESTING, and you guys can help with that. Try it out! Give us some feedback. Report bugs. Let us know what you think. Give us ideas. Now is your chance to make Eggdrop what you really want it to be.

That's basically where things are right now. If anyone is interested in helping out, or has any questions, send me an e-mail at wcc AT eggheads.org.

- Will[/b]
G
Galadhrim
Op

Post by Galadhrim »

I already signed up for it :p i have a month to finnish school and then i can devote more time to learning the tree.
A
Aukcje
Voice

Post by Aukcje »

Thanks for this my friends :)
I search this.