This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

new reop channel flag (+R) on IRCnet network

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
H
Hal
Voice

new reop channel flag (+R) on IRCnet network

Post by Hal »

hello,

is it possible to make a egg support for such flag?
flag is added to channel with hostmask of people allowed to recived op from server in case of chan bacome opless.
example:
14:41:05 -!- mode/#testchan [+R *!test@somwhere.at.net] by nikt
in i use bind mode it shows me everithing but victim is empty for this mode.
im begginer in tcl 4 eggdrop, so hope i didnt missed anything

regards
Hal
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

That's because Eggdrop already support R mode but it works as +m, +n etc. To use it properly in Tcl you have to bind it on RAW. Here you can find some explanation (in polish) how to make such procedure(s) and use it in Eggdrop or bots based on Eggdrop. Currently only 'psotnic' support +R mode fully, 'Evangeline' at about 80%.
Que?
YooHoo
Owner

Re: new reop channel flag (+R) on IRCnet network

Post by YooHoo »

Hal wrote:is it possible to make a egg support for such flag?
flag is added to channel with hostmask of people allowed to recived op from server in case of chan bacome opless.
example:
Eggdrop lets you add as many new flags as there aren't used.
Set newflag[num] z
where [num] is a number that doesn't exists...
Johoho's Guide to tcl touches on this subject in 'easy to understand' layman's terms.
:wink:
demond
Revered One

Re: new reop channel flag (+R) on IRCnet network

Post by demond »

YooHoo wrote:
Hal wrote:is it possible to make a egg support for such flag?
example:
Eggdrop lets you add as many new flags as there aren't used.
Set newflag[num] z
where [num] is a number that doesn't exists...
Johoho's Guide to tcl touches on this subject in 'easy to understand' layman's terms.
:wink:
while your remark is valid, I think that guy had another thing in mind... he actually talked about a channel mode, somewhat confusingly calling it "channel flag"

introducing new chanmodes in eggdrop is hard

I mean, all chanmode processing is hardcoded (src/mod/irc.mod/mode.c, gotmode() function), so introducing IRCnet's +R would have to substitute the already existent +R handler - for eggdrop, +R means a channel that is accessible to registered nicks only (DALnet and the like) - that's why on triggering bind mode for +R your victim parameter is empty - because DALnet's +R doesn't include a parameter

so, to make your eggdrop IRCnet+R-aware, you have to patch it accordingly, sacrificing its DALnet compatibility (that means you can't run the same handling +R binary on DALnet and IRCnet)

needless to say, that's not flexible at all - I mean eggdrop's chanmode handling design - and in that regard, much can be learned and borrowed from modern ircd's, which allow for easy definition and implementing handlers for new chanmodes
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

it isnt that hard, if someone bothers to make a patch file for it, you could dynmatically load with a ./configure argument or something like that.

PS: looked at the channel_modes.c, looks to me neither better neither worse than eggdrops code, maybe except, in eggdrop its split into more files :D.
Last edited by De Kus on Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

De Kus wrote:it isnt that hard, if someone bothers to make a patch file for it, you could dynmatically load with a ./configure argument or something like that.
something like what? :)

you mean specifying whether IRCnet's +R handler ot DALnet's +R handler gets compiled? what about network X where they have their own +R? you make a new patch every time a new mode has to be supported? and you call that easy?

if you know C, download ircd-hybrid sources and see what I'm talking about