This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
m
martpen69
Voice

Post by martpen69 »

Just a FYI I would never mess with the code I wouldnt know how or where, whats the point in me trying to edit code when I dont have the first clue about tcl??

And i don't understand what you mean by cheating??

anyway I am going to try and get a fresh copy and start again
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

The reference wasn't to altering the TCL code but editing the storage file for the data. Some people like to edit the storage files used by some scripts where counts etc are used to make the count look 'better'.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

A fresh copy should do fine, but make sure that Neither $NumKicks nor the "kick count" file (or anything else) should be played with unless you know what you're doing.

PS: Such errors do not come from no where, the code doesn't ruin itself :P
X
X-Ception
Voice

re:

Post by X-Ception »

unsure if this has already been mentioned so sorry just incase it has, would it be possible to add nick bans. Reason being when a bad nick enters i would rather it banned just the nick so it gives the user the oppertunity to come back under a new nick
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

what does a bad nick have to do with flood protection?? the script is not meant to be a Swiss army knife
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

X-Ception, this ban type might be added in the next release.

Heh demond, the script should be called swiss channel protection I guess :P
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

Free kitchen sink included!
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

of course it's just my opinion, but "Swiss army knife" type of scripts tend to become rather bloated at some stage of development when most of their features are used by less people
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I was thinking of splitting the script, for example private protection in a file, botnet flood protection in another file, bla protection in yet another... incase people dont want to use all features. But IMO I think 1 script handling all floods is better because this way you can synchronize between the floods.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

all flood protection in one is good idea, no need of splitting there... but including stuff like bad nick shitlist (which has nothing to do with flood (and, for that matter, with protection too) and is lame by itself, anyone with half a brain who is dedicated enough could continue to piss you off by keep entering with innovative new bad nicks, evading your nick bans) would spoil that idea IMO
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

demond wrote:but including stuff like bad nick shitlist (which has nothing to do with flood (and, for that matter, with protection too) and is lame by itself, anyone with half a brain who is dedicated enough could continue to piss you off by keep entering with innovative new bad nicks, evading your nick bans) would spoil that idea IMO
Hahahahaha you just destroy in describing :P , but users still want these features heh.. A better idea would be to split these bad nick/ident, drones...etc kicking into a separate file as an addon.
X
X-Ception
Voice

Post by X-Ception »

thank you - if its there then kewl if nto then no biggie, i dont wish and dont expect a coder to change there project plans to suit one users needs, just a query if it was at all possible :)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I recall someone else asked me about this before so my guess is that there're others as well that want it. It's only 1 extra line of coding anyway :P
X
X-Ception
Voice

Post by X-Ception »

Sir_Fz wrote:I recall someone else asked me about this before so my guess is that there're others as well that want it. It's only 1 extra line of coding anyway :P
On another note it is an top notch scripts, saving much time and hassle in using around 5 diffrent scripts, well done and thank you.
m
minted
Halfop

Post by minted »

Tcl error [nickf:kick]: illegal channel: *
Tcl error [bnick:kick]: illegal channel: *

i get this error when my bot connects, not sure if its from this addon though(its the only 1 i have loaded so im guessing so). i posted the problem before but have the errorinfo now

Currently: illegal channel: *
Currently: while executing
Currently: "botisop $chan"
Currently: (procedure "all:checks:valid" line 3)
Currently: invoked from within
Currently: "all:checks:valid $nn $hand $chan"
Currently: (procedure "bnick:kick" line 4)
Currently: invoked from within
Currently: "bnick:kick $_stnm1 $_stnm2 $_stnm3 $_stnm4 $_stnm5"

also im still on 4.2, i didnt see anything new in 4.3 that would be worth upgrading.
tnx in advance