This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Sir_Fz wrote:I thought that when you kline someone, the user should automatically get killed. Anyway, I'll add a kill line too and fix that error.
Hmm He must have an odd IRCD lol Every IRCD i have used has killed on a Kline. Maybe because he was opered up when he was tested. (Server should protect opers) Maybe that is why he wasn't killed.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Well I uploaded the new version (2.8b) in which I've fixed that missing " error and added a kill line before every kline. If the kill line is not needed, please tell me so I'd remove it in the next version.
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

I use a java client with another user to test all those things, that one sees my local IP, and i'm opered but i'm not testing on myself,

if I do a /kline, it kills, but when the bot does it I just get a notice that the K line is [constant].. but it must be an active K line..

Guess I'm going to run all my flags trough the bot for his oper command, without the admin flag ofcoruse....
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Well if it doesn't hurt to kill with kline then it may be wise to leave it in then.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

yeah, it could also increase the safety settings, I could only let my bot run as local operator with minimal rights, only to Kline and kill.. and then let the script do the rest
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Sounds like a plan ;)
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

damn, this is most unfortunate:

the IRCD i'm having acts weird on the k-lines. Theres actually other types of bans instead of the regular channel bans

it's not *!*@* but its *@* without the !

when the bot tries to K line a user it always uses that ! but that doesn't seem to help to keep him off, aaarg, how irritating...

the "ban type 2 (*!*@user.host.tld) would be kinda ok'ish but without the ! :(

I wonder if its much work to modify this.. or to add a substructure for "k line types" .. its maybe easy to just copy everything from the normal masks but without the nick categories and the ! ..

If I could program i'd try to do it myself , i might be find the routines but i'm scared that i'll not place it right or so .. :(

I can already say that it actually does follow the punishment sceme, only now its that prob.. and I don't know if it's like that with all ircd's but it is with ultimateircd , it gives an example for K lines in the help like :Example: /kline 60 *@127.0.0.6 :This is almost local host

guess a server kick is not a channel kick and doesnt require the nick structure .. and it might be this reason why the kill actually never became active, because I did this manually on my host and the server warned me that its not going to kick my hoset...

so when I gave my host like *!*@my.host.tld, it wouldnt work , but when i left the first * and ! it started to warn me, so i guess thats the thing that has to be done
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

the kline host should only be ident@host. ;)

kline [+|-]<user@host | nick> [<time to ban> <reason>]

This could be a small problem. I do know that /kline ident@host will work on 99% of servers so it may be a good idea to just leave out the time. we can manually remove the kline if neccesary. I mean If they get klined in the first place then they deserve to be permanently removed ;)
Last edited by ^DooM^ on Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I think it's probably like that on all ircds. I will modify it to make a ident@host kline instead of nick!ident@host, if other ircds need nick!ident@host then I might add an option at first to ask what type of masks does the kline command take on his ircd and react depending on this option.

Edit: Good thing you mention the +/- thing there ^DooM^, I think now we can do without the kill line before kline, since that was probably our error. And I used <reason> <time> instead of <time> <reason> (my bad).
Last edited by Sir_Fz on Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Doh was editing while you were posting Sir_fz sorry
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

OMG sir-Fz thats going to be a kickass script ,

looking forward to test it and ..

it might not be longger needed to have the extra kill line then like i suggested befor if this works out
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I've uploaded version 2.9b which has separate kline mask types to choose from (and not the same as ban types), also removed the kill line before kline as I don't think it's needed with the correct syntax of kline.
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

Ok,

it does something weird, it adds a kline for:

+*@full.user.host.tld (on kline type 2)

so the + is too much :)

I found the routines for the types where you set the + befor the [ where the banmask type begins, is it safe to just remove those ? or does it have tobe omitted somehow so the script still thinks it has to add things ?

DOnt want to confuse anyone cause Im not THAT good with tcl...

Also, some of the advertisement types were off, you had a space between some of the wildcards and determiniers , I changed them in my coppy of the script

Code: Select all

# Advertising triggers.
set adv(words) {
  "*#*"
  "*ftp://*"
  "*http://*"
  "*/server*"
  "*www.*"
  "*//write*"
}
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

You got me confused now, we should know the correct syntax for the kline command. What about the time, is the kline expiring in the right time (that's if you've specified a kline time higher than 0) ?

If you want to fix this for now, just remove the + from the lines that say

putquick "kline +[kmasktype $uhost $ktype] $ktime $klmsg"
And you can edit adv(words) as you wish since you're supposed to edit these configurations.
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

Syntax: /kline <duration> <mask> :<reason>
Example: /kline 60 *@127.0.0.6 :This is almost local host
If you don't specify a duration the default of 30 minutes is used.
Once again if you specify 0 as a duration, the server will add the ban
to the kline config means it will be permanent.

Thats what my server returns, so i've seen it working, its just the + that caused the kline to be just a ghost :)...

So if i'm good: that has to be

putquick "kline $ktime [kmasktype $uhost $ktype] : $klmsg"
with the advertising thingy, all works as expected except for the time :)

got myself K lined for 30 minutes because thats standard and the reason didnt come out quite well :) i guess thats because the : wasnt added ? and the time is in the wrong place

and the values you can enter for K-lines are in minutes, not seconds :)