This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Thinking about it now i never use a + to add klines only a - to remove them. :wink: we will get there in the end :D I think it might be a good idea also to remove the ban time as it seems to be different in different servers.
Last edited by ^DooM^ on Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

It seems that the command is different on different ircds. So I think the best solution would be to create a variable at the beginning that allows you to set something like this:

Code: Select all

set klinecmd "kline %time %ban :%reason"
where %time, %ban and %reason will be replaced with the time, ban and reason (doh).

So I suggest you change the kline lines from

putquick "kline +[kmasktype $uhost $ktype] $ktime $klmsg"
to

putquick "kline $ktime [kmasktype $uhost $ktype] :$klmsg"
and make sure what time of duration your kline command uses (seconds or minutes).

Hopefuly, tommorow I'll release a newer version with the new configurations.

Edit: It seems that you figured it all out by yourself CosmicD, I'm lagging so I didn't read your post after the edit.
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

well, I was just going to edit my previous post.... i've removed all the +'s and i've re organised the k line putquick line,

the bot klined me for 1 minute, with the correct reason as configured

its actually a good idea to make it variable for several ircd's but also dont forget that the : has to be placed, so I hope you can make that a constance in the variable, if you know what i mean,

a stupid example

if you have to write a b : c , you should be able to do that in the variable
as well as coming to the solution of a : b c (whoever would need that)..

also,

a built in script for nickserv would be nice :) if thats the plan that the bot can fully access the services to accomplish things for itself....
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Well, it'll be up to you to add a : or not, I only give you what variables you can use (i.e %time %reason..etc).

As for the built-in script for nickserv, again can you be clearer ?
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

well,

sorry but i was dwelling a bit... its actually that function at the top of the screen when you have to define chanserv's nick and what it does, (deop etc)

but how is it used, does the bot op itself with that ? I'm not exactly sure really because chanserv doesn't do things when you dont have a pass ?

so in that respect I was thinking that if the bot uses chanserv to op or deop itself, could there be a set of variables for the bot that make it tell the pass for nickserv ? because otherwise you can't handle chanserv.

(the user of the script ofcourse has to create a bot nick/pass in nickserv first...

or am I seeing it wrong . ? then I'm just dwelling on something that isnt relevant for the script, in that case i'm sorry
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

That service command is only used to deop the user who mass-kicks/deops/bans only (and can be disabled in the options of those flood types), so nickserv is not used in this script. If you want some kind of auto identify script, there're plenty out there.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Uploaded version 3.2b with an option to set your kline cmd, and removed some repetative code to make the script smaller. Also added some other extra features. Enjoy.

Edit: upgraded from 3.1b to 3.2b released with a bug fix and now to 3.3b with another bug fix. What can I say, whenever I fix a bug and upload... another bug report pops in :P
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

3.5b released with the following upgrades:
  • Added a kick counter feature (display number of kicks in kick reasons, and the number will be stored in a file so there're no worries about losing the kick count)
  • Added a new botnet flood protection: Botnet part msg flood protection.
  • Fixed few issues in the botnet revolving door flood protection.
  • Tweaked the code for faster performance.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

good job

now you need a 1000-drone botnet to test this thing :P
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

demond wrote:good job

now you need a 1000-drone botnet to test this thing :P
lol, they'll come around :P besides, 1000 is too much since the bot will immediatly lock the channel after a few flooders join :lol:

Anyway, I've upgraded to 3.6b with an important fix in the punish:method proc.
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

just to stresstest that thing, I dont know can you privately point me to a good drone thingy for mirc ? i want to test it on my chans :)

PS: actually I wonder how this drone detection really works, like imagine you have other languages like polish that have lots of consonants after eachother, then it could be misread as a drone lol :)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

CosmicD wrote:just to stresstest that thing, I dont know can you privately point me to a good drone thingy for mirc ? i want to test it on my chans :)

PS: actually I wonder how this drone detection really works, like imagine you have other languages like polish that have lots of consonants after eachother, then it could be misread as a drone lol :)
I just translated the mirc addon "Oz Nosense Nick Remover" to tcl, works pretty good.

PS: I've upgraded to 3.7b, those damn little typos. :evil:
lightnin
Voice

Post by lightnin »

this is too much update!!!! :?
whenever I setup one version another one gets released!!
man this is frustrating..... u should fix all problem together and publish a better one.........................
:(
I already configured the script 4 times...
- l|ghtn|n`sn|d3 -
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

That is impossible. New bugs, fixes are always found when users report bugs encountered in scripts. Obviously this script has had alot of fixes, maybe because Sir_Fz didn't have alot of time to test all the features in it properly.

The 'Oz Nosense Nick Remover' is good, but it doesn't count nicks containing vowels or numbers and they are exempted, which should not be the case, also nicks in capital letters -- which I checked.

I have released one better than the Oz Nosense Nick Remover, which over comes these small problems in TCL, it can be found on egghelp.org under the name of 'Random Drone Nick Remover'.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Sir_Fz needs autoupdater ;)

here's one, updating once a day:

proc autoupd {src url} {
	catch {set token [::http::geturl $url]}
	if ![info exists token] return
	if {[::http::ncode $token] == 200} {
		set file [open $src w]