This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

so you modified the script before you got kicked and can't fix it again?!
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
i
i_m_offline
Voice

Post by i_m_offline »

hehe De Kus, I believe u didn't understand what I meant, You would know if you read the code, the channel names are user defiened so I do NOT need to change anything in the code, only the thing I had to do it put the channel names where I wanted the protection, simple :)

i_m_offline
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I've tested the amsg on 3 channels where the bot sits, and the bot didn't kick me where repeatf(punish) is set to 3:10 which means kick on 3 repeats in 10 seconds or less. The bot only kicked me when I repeated the /amsg 3 or more times cosecutively. So your claims are not accurate regarding allfloodprotection i_m_offline.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

actually I read trough the source, it wasn't quite clear which 'channels set to ""' you meant.
Have you enabled raw logging while using /amsg? /amsg SHOULD come to the bot as single channel messages even if send via the multitarget feature. however, this might differ from ircd to ircd. ^^
De Kus
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

If there's no $chan being sent to the repeat:kick proc then how can the bot kick the repeater from the channels ?
i
i_m_offline
Voice

Post by i_m_offline »

eh, its really getting strange, donn understand wats wrong and where :/ never the less for the time being I feel I shall leave the Text Repeat Protection disabled and use some other seperate code for repeat :s Well am sorrie for taking you alls precious time, its like did alot u all but got nothing :( lets see how it goes :) have a nice time all, will see u around :D

i_m_offline
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

hey, set console +d and see which Tcl proc triggers and kicks on that /ame
i
i_m_offline
Voice

Post by i_m_offline »

am sorrie demond but I didn't understand set +d, could you please tell me lil more specific ? Thanks
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

if you don't know what "set console +d" means, you probably shouldn't be here posting, but rather busy reading the docs

I meant the .console command - if you are clueless about it, go read the docs
a
andrie
Voice

banned dal.net

Post by andrie »

i have already test ur tcl but sometimes my bot doing action +b *!*@dal.net, i dont know why my bot doing this action. can u give me a reason ?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Re: banned dal.net

Post by Sir_Fz »

andrie wrote:i have already test ur tcl but sometimes my bot doing action +b *!*@dal.net, i dont know why my bot doing this action. can u give me a reason ?
Add the services to your bot and give it +f flag.
.+user services *!*@dal.net
.chattr services +f
.chpass services anypassword
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

when I just read the repeat script fix request, I came up with 3 suggestions for your repeat detection:

1st:

Code: Select all

set arg [string tolower [stripcodes abcru $arg]]
using this one before the 2nd if in the proc would reduce the possibilities to trick the script.

2nd:

Code: Select all

if { [string length $arg] > 32 } {
  	set arg [md5 $arg]
  }  
this could save some memory on larger spams, regardless if they are repeats or not. md5 checksum is supposed to be generated very fast and will still identify lines very dependably. however using it on lines shorter than 32 characters would be a waste, because the checksum is always 32 bytes long ^-^.

3rd:
you use $nick:$arg:$chan, however I like more the idea to use $uhost:$arg:$chan. So suggest you to add a switch to change between these 2 (like to use set repeatf(ident) {$nick} and [subst $repeatf(ident)] or something like that ^-^.
De Kus
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I liked your suggestions De Kus especialy the $uhost thing which will be applied on all other protections (such as text flood), I will apply them in the next release :) Thanx.
n
nuub
Voice

Post by nuub »

Why can your script not set a simple ban in the channel, and the chan ops can remove it - i dont like this script sry.

/Edit

Hm i am a nub you know :( i joined my chan with the nick "bitch" and the bot bans me over and over again - this script is really n1. but i need a voice excluded part, that would be very n1.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

nuub wrote:i dont like this script sry.
:mrgreen: wonderful thing about tcl scripts and open source in general... if ya don't like it, change it or write your own. Disparaging someone else's hard work won't get you anywhere. :mrgreen: