This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Well I am more than happy with the kill/kline features and fz's idea to have two scripts one with oper stuff and one without seems like a fine idea for users who wouldnt need the oper functions. :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Just set a variable as a switch:

Punishments:
#1 - Channel kick/ban
#2 - Kill nick
#3 - Kline *!*@host.domain

Then according to the type selected 1, 2 or 3 you can enforce that within your punishment procedure. Shouldn't be more than 10 lines of additional code I say.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Thats what he has already done Awyeah. He was talking about streamlining the code by having 2.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
dotslasher
Halfop

Post by dotslasher »

Is it me or cant the script set 3 modes (botnet protection) iv added a 3rd channel mode and it doesnt set it. It would be nice if it had that feature.

Because i like to set lets say: +mRi for a particular flood (join flood?)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

The script supports 1,2 or more lockmodes so I don't see why it shouldn't work on your bot unless your ircd doesn't allow these modes to be sent together. Or maybe another flood protection (from the same script) which has lockmode +mR is triggering before the flood protection which has lockmode +mRi (most probably).
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

the only problem I see is that the bot might not to be able to remove chanmodes it doesnt know, because when setting it uses putquick and when removing it uses pushmode with which it can only handle modes has been compiled with support for it. But it should always be able to set them as long you do not enter more modes than your ircd supports as mode/line.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
i
i_m_offline
Voice

Text Repeat Protection

Post by i_m_offline »

Hello Friends,

As I read thru posts, no wonder allfloodprotection3.8b.tcl has got really nice protection system. I have found one error (rather bug) in it, would be really nice if you guyz can solve it Smile

It is when Repeat protection is activated, lets say if some1 sends /amsg in channel (i.e. hello or whatsoever) if bot is also in comman channels, it takes those msgs as repeat and start kicking the user from all the channels, where as (I feel) all the channel protections are suppose to be isolated and not trigger till they are not set to global ban. Please look into it. Thanks in advance
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

The repeat kick code as it is right now should not consider the same message in different channels as repeat. The offender would get kicked for repeating on all those channels if he's repeating the /amsg several times, otherwise he should not be kicked for repeats or any other type of flood.
i
i_m_offline
Voice

:p

Post by i_m_offline »

Thanks for the comment mate, but unfortunatelly the user is me myself and I donn do any flood as such, I just said once /amsg good morning friends and was kick/banned from all the channels for repeating and its kicking its owner itself too :/ thats strange :s

Please look into it once more, u surely will find the problem :s

Thanks once again

i_m_offline
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Are you sure that you're not using any other script ? because allfloodprotection doesn't kick masters and it surely counts repeats on each channel seperately.
i
i_m_offline
Voice

Post by i_m_offline »

Yes am very sure hence at first place I do not have any repeating protection and apart from it, when I did disable Text Repeat Protection in ur code, it was working fine and I did not get any kick after that.

Thanks
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Well, it surely does not kick me or any other master using this script. And the repeat flood protection is definetly channel specific. So recheck your scripts, I can't find any other reason for this to happen.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Another script getting in the way maybe?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
i
i_m_offline
Voice

Post by i_m_offline »

loool now where else should I try to find it, I know its channel specific and I have disabled it by removing all the channel name from it and its set to "", as soon as I change it and put the channel name and rehas the bot, it kix me for /am or /amsg :( with the same kick reason what the script has. :/
i
i_m_offline
Voice

Post by i_m_offline »

loool now where else should I try to find it, I know its channel specific and I have disabled it by removing all the channel name from it and its set to "", as soon as I change it and put the channel name and rehash the bot, it kix me for /am or /amsg :( with the same kick reason what the script has. :/