This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Actually I used to get an exactly similar error for one of my recent scripts, which happened occasionaly. I never could figure it how and why it was happening? is ($chan == "*")? maybe? but why? hmmm.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

awyeah wrote:Actually I used to get an exactly similar error for one of my recent scripts, which happened occasionaly. I never could figure it how and why it was happening? is ($chan == "*")? maybe? but why? hmmm.
possibly incorrect handling of FLUD bind; * is passed in chan parameter for private msg/ctcp flood
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

minted wrote:also im still on 4.2, i didnt see anything new in 4.3 that would be worth upgrading.
tnx in advance
Then I suggest you don't rely on your sight anymore, always upgrade your scripts.
4.3: Fixed the "logical" error in the mass kick, ban and deop
protections. Also fixed a bug in the nick binds procs and added
the ability to use "*" for chans if you want the script to work
on all channels.
Obviously that error has been fixed in this version. :)
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

demond wrote:
awyeah wrote:Actually I used to get an exactly similar error for one of my recent scripts, which happened occasionaly. I never could figure it how and why it was happening? is ($chan == "*")? maybe? but why? hmmm.
possibly incorrect handling of FLUD bind; * is passed in chan parameter for private msg/ctcp flood
I don't have bind FLUD or anytype of flud "*" binded for my drone nick kick -- in the drone nick remover script I released. The only binds that I have are bind join, bind nick, bind mode and bind kick for the kick counter. Still some user using that script emailed me and reported me the error. It happens very occassionaly since I have never encountered it myself, but the script works fine.
·­awyeah·

Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

awyeah wrote:I don't have bind FLUD or anytype of flud "*" binded for my drone nick kick -- in the drone nick remover script I released. The only binds that I have are bind join, bind nick, bind mode and bind kick for the kick counter. Still some user using that script emailed me and reported me the error. It happens very occassionaly since I have never encountered it myself, but the script works fine.
This happens in nick binds when the bot changes its nick outside a channel (I assume) so adding a check like this:

Code: Select all

if {[string first # $chan] != 0} {return 0}
will solve this problem.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Okay thanks, I'll give it a go.
·­awyeah·

M
Mash
Voice

Q to putdccraw

Post by Mash »

Is it possible to change all Que function of this script to putdccraw with addon script ..? i know the outcome of it.. still.. :?
thanks..
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Change it yourself, it's not so hard.
M
Mash
Voice

Post by Mash »

thanks for the reply, I know the code format, If i were change each kick and ban to putdccraw individually.. it a time consuming,
I jus want to rename all the putquick Que to putdccraw with a small script .. to get that to code, i dont have much tcl knowlegde... if you dont mind .. you could help me..with it.. :)
thanks
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Mash wrote:If i were change each kick and ban to putdccraw individually.. it a time consuming
And you think Sir_Fz has nothing else better to do all day?

A decent text editor can simply Replace the selected text with the desired text throughout the entire document. :P
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
M
Mash
Voice

Post by Mash »

And you think Sir_Fz has nothing else better to do all day?
Only asked him, if he could code me 4 or 5 line script that would rename all the putquick Que to putdccdraw rather than going thru putquick function individualy tru a text editor coz the script is enormous, and doing so might trigger errors for sure , anyway.. thanks.. i will tryin doing your method :)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I did mention "decent", and it only takes a second or two using Search~Replace and then "Find what:" "Replace with:" and then pressing "Replace All" (depending on text editor used).
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

hey Sir_Fz :mrgreen:
Replace:
allprotection4.3.zip
allprotection4.4.zip
In your earlier post :D
I'm an idiot, At least this one [bug] took about 5 minutes to find...
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Good eye there mate, it's fixed.

Just a side note, this is a beta version that I've been testing for a while now. It has a lot (I mean a lot) of changes in it, especialy in code. And most bugs have been fixed from version 4.3. Hopefully 4.5 will be the last release with no bugs what so ever.

PS: There's a bug in 4.4b20 which I can't fix right now since my PC is out of order (again). So, incase you need it to be fixed soon, replace $txtc($uhc) and $notccf($uhc) with $o.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

WARNING: [putdccraw] should NOT be used for time-critical (multiple) output - most IRC servers implement command pace limitations, i.e. if you (or your bot) issue MODE, PRIVMSG and many other commands more than once in a second or two, all of them but the first will be ignored

when you use the normal eggdrop queueing system (via [putserv] et al), the proper pacing is automatically taken care of; however, that's not the case with [putdccraw] which bypasses bot's internal queues
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code