egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eggdrop Status Update

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wcc
Master

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Eggdrop Status Update Reply with quote

I just posted an update as to the status of Eggdrop development, if anyone is interested.

http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=9465
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
demond
Revered One

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would like to see a multiserver eggdrop, but it's understandable there's pretty remote chance of that ever happening, given the amount of code rewrite necessary and rather limited (per Wcc's post) developer resources

nevertheless, the last eggdev team (eggheads) have done a great job over the years (I've been following eggdrop development since 1.1.5) and deserve all the credit for making the bot ever more robust, functional, scriptable and configurable
^DooM^
Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here here. Credits to all that have worked on eggdrop you have brought endless hours of fun and frustration to so many. I hope you continue on to at least version 3 Wink
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Sir_Fz
Revered One

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^DooM^ wrote:
Here here. Credits to all that have worked on eggdrop you have brought endless hours of fun and frustration to so many. I hope you continue on to at least version 3 Wink

word, let's hope the best for the future (with version 3 Razz )

- Opposing

Public Tcl scripts
De Kus
Revered One

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was often considering triing to search for myself, but always when I look at the source code, I get somehow they feeling of 2 things:
1st: there were quite some changes in the 10 years
2nd: I have forgotten too much, since I read a basic C manual Very Happy

and dont tell me to read one of these online manuals... just looking at them lets my head spine, because they are written in too hard englisch for me Very Happy.

Must be quite some hard job. Sometimes people report bugs you can't reproduce, so I kind of understand the problems.

PS: why did you set the changelog to ignore in the CVS trees? I loved that file, because it was the best and easiest indicator if there has been some changes since last time. Using command line CVS isnt my favorite Wink.
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Galadhrim
Op

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt the botnet kindof make up for not having a multiserver bot? still u have 2 processes but you can easily make 2 conf files and boot 2 bots with the same user/chan files. they dont take that much cpu...
demond
Revered One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadhrim wrote:
doesnt the botnet kindof make up for not having a multiserver bot? still u have 2 processes but you can easily make 2 conf files and boot 2 bots with the same user/chan files. they dont take that much cpu...

yeah, but instead of having to maintain several sets of parameterized configs (as in my situation - I run handful of bots, 1 bot per network), I'd prefer to have it all in one place; and the one-vs-many processes consideration can be of great significance when you are on a limited shell account (not my case, but the case of the majority eggdrop owners I'd imagine)
YooHoo
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demond wrote:
yeah, but instead of having to maintain several sets of parameterized configs (as in my situation - I run handful of bots, 1 bot per network), I'd prefer to have it all in one place; and the one-vs-many processes consideration can be of great significance when you are on a limited shell account (not my case, but the case of the majority eggdrop owners I'd imagine)

sounds like a shining example of the usefulness of psyBNC's Laughing
demond
Revered One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psyBNC... if it had some semi-useful scripting engine it would be priceless Wink alas, simply piping output and couple of events to external programs is not enough
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: