This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

new antiproxy.tcl

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
sKy
Op

new antiproxy.tcl

Post by sKy »

autor: MeTroiD

My opinion:

Contra:
- serveroutput not optimized
- The database isn`t trusted and can cause unless kickbans?
- Might cause much traffic?
- Automatic acess to this database is allowed?

Pro:
- detects most proxyfloodbots
- it don`t kick/ban many real users.
- detection is fast

Currentry i use a cutted version which don`t kick/ban any users or change any modes. It just shows me what it 'will do' if it`s enabeld via partyline. The results are really good. I like to hear some opinions about.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

neat script, but mostly duplicates functionality of a server proxy monitor - most servers these days run such monitors, at least on the major networks (don't know about quakenet, never been there more than 10 secs)
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

well, yes. But quakenet's antiproxy service only stops about 8 out of 10 proxies connecting.

And i've already written a new version of that script which i'm currently debugging which will only keep doing a dns if it can't find it.

and sky, i hardly think doing a dns causes that much traffic. And yes, it's very much allowed since that's the whole reason of those services existing.
They are meant to be queried so people can find out who's using a proxy host or a spam host, whatever :)