This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

another Megahal Issue?

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
bcs1
Voice

another Megahal Issue?

Post by bcs1 »

running eggdrop1.6.10 on a BSD system, i compiled the bot after uploading and extracting megahal 2.7, Yes i did do the fix to the malloc.h refference in the megahal.c or was it .h :? either way, did all that, did the .conf file (of course had my brn, aux, swap, ect files in the eggdrop directory) fired the bot up.... connected to the irc server/channels (my user and chanfiles are already done) and everything's great :D except that the ONLY place my bot will reply to anyone is in a private chat/p2p/PM window... he never speaks a word in channel. :cry: now i also saw the +megahal +learnall and +freespeak entries for the channel modes which gave me a -undef-mode-megahal :? ect ect in the chan file. :shock:

not sure what i might have done wrong, but i killed the entire eggy, untar'd the file, and put megahal 2.2 in, went thru the whole speil again, fired the bot up same as before, he connects, goes to his rooms, recognises me, and this time i speak, and he comes right out in the middle of the channel just as smart aleck and witty as ever...... :D

am i the only one who's run into this problem? :?:

Thanks in advance
Bill
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I just compiled megahal 2.7 on FreeBSD without any dramas with the bot responding in the channel when restarted.

I did the following first:

Code: Select all

.././megahal.mod/megahal.c LINE 153 and change "<malloc.h>" to be "<stdlib.h>" 
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
bcs1
Voice

another Megahal Issue?

Post by bcs1 »

Alchera wrote:I just compiled megahal 2.7 on FreeBSD without any dramas with the bot responding in the channel when restarted.

I did the following first:

Code: Select all

.././megahal.mod/megahal.c LINE 153 and change "<malloc.h>" to be "<stdlib.h>" 

Yup did that too hence the -> "Yes i did do the fix to the malloc.h refference in the megahal.c or was it .h :? either way" <- line ine my original post. What version eggdrop are you using? 1.6.10 or higher? i was wondering if it was something inherent to the 1.6.10 version as opposed to the latest 1.6.17 version, and possibly be something that's NOT documented...hell i've read no less than 50 pages about it, even .jr's pages (who the "post"spammers have almost ruined by the way) that have some good info, but are very cyclic, and on other pages i don't see many ppl running into this problem..... well at least he's up for now, and i'm thinking i'll do a build with 1.6.17 next and see how that turns out.... besides i found a "Data" brain from Star trek LOL should be interesting maybe i can make Data do Trivia............
Thanks for the reply.
Bill
irc.i-chat.org Home to 3 chat networks!!!!!
http://bcs-bcs.com so out of date it's laughable, but it's still Mine };O)~
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

bcs1 wrote:What version eggdrop are you using?
1.6.17 :)
Search | FAQ | RTM
bcs1
Voice

Post by bcs1 »

ok Thanks
I think i have some more compiling to do.

ever do anything with bmotion?
from what i read it looks like it might be interesting...

Bill
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

bcs1 wrote:ok Thanks
I think i have some more compiling to do.

ever do anything with bmotion?
from what i read it looks like it might be interesting...

Bill
Nope, in fact I've never heard of it. :lol:

* Alchera starts to research
Search | FAQ | RTM
bcs1
Voice

Post by bcs1 »

google bmotion, the first three hits you should get are

Did you mean: motion

Main Page - BMotionWiki
If you are new to bMotion, you should read What is bMotion? ... The Documentation
is suitable for end-users and owners of bMotion bots. ...
www.bmotion.net/ - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

WhatIsbMotion - BMotionWiki
bMotion is not quite a lot of things, but some of the things people often ...
a database script; a fact storage/retreival script (although bMotion can sort ...
www.bmotion.net/wiki/index.php/WhatIsbMotion - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

bMotion
bMotion is an anrtificial intelligence TCL script for eggdrops that gives them
more personality.
bmotion.sourceforge.net/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

i found it quite interesting, in fact i'm thinking of pulling out my old syntax book, and trying to remember how to setup two bots on the one shell without killing Reggy and see how this works LOL. :twisted: i'm thinking a female bot with a little different attributes? LOL

Yes i know i'm an EVIL man huh?
Bill
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

bcs1 wrote:i found it quite interesting, in fact i'm thinking of pulling out my old syntax book, and trying to remember how to setup two bots on the one shell without killing Reggy and see how this works LOL. :twisted: i'm thinking a female bot with a little different attributes? LOL
simply do make install DEST=/home/my_acct/new_bot_directory 8)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

... or simply create another conf and run it from the same botdir :) One folder, 2 bots.
Search | FAQ | RTM
bcs1
Voice

Post by bcs1 »

Update:

Reggina was born about 20 mins ago, she's not too bad, but you have to do : after her nick to get her to talk..... i'm thinking i'll add a clean install of megahal (with a modified trn file of a female who's a lil more promiscuous than most) to her, and see what the interaction of the automated bmotion chan messages, and the user input can come up with.

feel free to come check it out if ya wanna see what the proggie does/behaves like/ ect, i won't do the megahal addon till prolly this weekend. (she's in #Reggy)

yoohoo (spelling fix'd) TY for the DEST= comment saved me digging thru tons of PDF files <G>

:twisted:

Bill
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

bcs1 wrote:feel free to come check it out if ya wanna see what the proggie does/behaves like/ ect, i won't do the megahal addon till prolly this weekend. (she's in #Reggy)
And which network would that be on? :)
Search | FAQ | RTM
bcs1
Voice

Post by bcs1 »

the one in my sig. LOL

irc.i-chat.org or irc.chatworlds.net will get you there :D
bcs1
Voice

Post by bcs1 »

Update 2:

Well,
Got bmotion going, added the megahal brain too.
she has a VERY unique personallity now, and aside from occasionally answering something twice ( and the answers DON'T always agree with each other LOL) she's rather fun to converse with. the only Major glitch i've found is sometimes i will say something to her like "is that right Reggina?" and she will answer "Reggy made me do it" and because of reggy's megahal brain he'll reply to her, then she'll reply to him, ect., ect. ( and that's not a huge problem as i can add her to his ignore list and not have the automated conversations get started)
I went into the room where she and Reggy stay, and came in through a different host and had a little conversation with them. I was laughing so hard i damn near had years in my eyes.

the conversation is here -> http://www.chatworlds.net/reggina.html

I know this information prolly isn't worthy of an entire forum's attention, but if any one else has ever thought about combining the two this should give them an idea of what to expect.

Bill
bcs1
Voice

Post by bcs1 »

Update
since i know a couple of folks have followed this, I thought i'd bring them up to speed.

She's still a little dumb on the megahal side, but she's holding her own in the room.
eheh had one user popped into her room last night, and had a jolly little chat with her, then left

ROFLMAO

Bill
pdq
Voice

talking bots

Post by pdq »

I know this thread is somewhat old, but to any new readers Id suggest using the latest version of bmotion scripts, megahal mod, eggfu.tcl or other faq style script and jesusbot scripts. I run those in windrops and if you are into some simple coding and arent scared to tinker with the code some you can make a very fun, interesting AI style bot that is way different than the herd of clone bmotion bots running these days.
- my main bot uses between 70,000 and 100,000 K in my task manager.
- regular base windrops run at around 3,000 to 5,000 K

<idk> [21:01] still loading abstract sillyThings: 18200 ...
<idk> [21:06] still loading facts: 20000 ...

pdq EFnet :shock: