This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AVOID SHELLTOPIA.COM/PITBULLSHELLS.COM

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
g
glowbug

my opinion isnt freedom of speech fantastic

Post by glowbug »

well after reading this link i have some comments: 1 user was running more than allowed process on login and i have logs as proof where the user was asked to not and where the user was asked to spread the bgs to assigned logins 2. I have logs of user himself not only joining the chat channel but of user joining all the bots as well and u can see the idents. 3. user did get ips k-lined on undernet and this is AFTER was asked to spread the bots to different servers and diff idents. 4. the same user has been an annoying person in the chat channel on more than one occasion and has caused numerous people to complain, and resulted in several warnings in the providers chat channel before user was removed. 5. the shell provider is excellent is relatively new and has had as the owner will admit growth issues resulting in new servers and the bg load being spread to multiple servers, in several locations and has made every effort to do this in a timely manner, this provider and staff are both courteous knowledgeable and make every effort to accomadate users needs, i have nothing but postive chats with owner ops and am well pleased with my level of service.
w
webstar
Voice

Post by webstar »

You can all just keep posting as much as you like I could care less. It is out of my hands now. I have my money back from visa it was credited today and now they start the investigation.

I don't plan on reading this thread anymore either.
E
Exil3d

Re: AVOID MEH/WEBSTAR

Post by Exil3d »

Exil3d wrote: P.S. meh, the best way to look smarter is to either put someone else down, not talk at all or just walk away. Spend some time to think about that. :-)
I'm glad you're walking away.. but the visa part is making you look stupid again. =]
E
Exil3d

Post by Exil3d »

Oh, before I forget... many of my family members work for visa, suggesting I know how visa works... Never would visa give you back money without contacting the source (pitbullshells) or investigating for at least a couple hours. Nothing was received from visa. Lying is dumb. Just walk away and don't come back with your trash.

Thanks!
p
pitbullshells.com
Voice

Post by pitbullshells.com »

webstar wrote:You can all just keep posting as much as you like I could care less. It is out of my hands now. I have my money back from visa it was credited today and now they start the investigation.

I don't plan on reading this thread anymore either.
Sorry meh, but a charge back does not happen that fast. It takes atleast 30 days if I don't fight it

Step 1) you file with your bank that issued the card
Step 2) they file with PayPal
Step 3) Paypal contacts me
Step 4) I reply to PayPal within 10 days showing them logs of you logging in, your processes running, this thread where you admit you did have service and the ID number already filed with PayPal yesterday when I closed your account and explained why. Your termanation letter was also blinded to PayPal along with an update in the members customer service area.
Step 5) PayPal sends the proof back to Visa
Step 6) Visa's security dept views the proof and decides in our favor
Step 7 most likely) your card is revoked for false and fraud claims, luckly for you the amount is small enough Visa would most likely not press charges against you
BigKahuna, Owner - www.pitbullshells.com
www.themoshpit.net - 128kbps Commercial-Free Radio
#pitbull - EFnet IRC Network (irc.efnet.net)
G
GoFlamesGo

Post by GoFlamesGo »

In Canada some card companies allow you to get a refund that fast. I had someone on ebay screw me over last year and I had my money back within 2 days but I'm not sure what the company does after that. It also depends if the card is issued by a bank or not but alot of cards up here are issued by the banks themselfs.

My two cents is this topic is that it is turning into mud throwing contest but if you are going to make comments about people making comments and they say stuff to others etc.. you should at least post the logs or else it's just hearsay. Two people have now said he made "rude and lewd comments" yet no one has posted any kind of proof to as what they comments were.

Oh and the person with the name pitbullshells.com you may need to change your name and sig line as advertising is not allowed in the forums and well you are advertising.
p
pitbullshells.com
Voice

GoFlamesGo wrote:In Canada some card companies allow you to get a refund that fast. I had someone on ebay screw me over last year and I had my money back within 2 days but I'm not sure what the company does after that. It also depends if the card is issued by a bank or not but alot of cards up here are issued by the banks themselfs.

My two cents is this topic is that it is turning into mud throwing contest but if you are going to make comments about people making comments and they say stuff to others etc.. you should at least post the logs or else it's just hearsay. Two people have now said he made "rude and lewd comments" yet no one has posted any kind of proof to as what they comments were.

Oh and the person with the name pitbullshells.com you may need to change your name and sig line as advertising is not allowed in the forums and well you are advertising.
You know, It is kind of odd, but both you and Meh, have the same writing style, both from Canada, and the only one trying to back up information that is proven to be wrong. Furthermore, glowbug has offered in his/her post to give logs if need be.

Also as the newest member with this being your first post trying to play moderator about my username and signature, shows you are out to only turn this thread into a war again. Of course everyone sees right through you, meh. On that note feel free to post where it says you can not have a link to your site in a sig, only rules I see about advertising is posting a thread about them. Of course this is my first day here, so I will be happy to fix if corrected by a real Moderator of this site.
Papillon
Owner

Post by Papillon »

How about just dropping this whole thread?
From what we all can tell, it's not the shellproviders that's bad, just a user who broke the rules and won't take the responsibilty for that.
But there is no need to start calling names or flame this forum. Take it to irc or a forum of your own :)
I vote now for the JunkYard!!! :mrgreen:
Elen sila lúmenn' omentielvo
G
GoFlamesGo

Post by GoFlamesGo »

Papillon wrote:How about just dropping this whole thread?
From what we all can tell, it's not the shellproviders that's bad, just a user who broke the rules and won't take the responsibilty for that.
But there is no need to start calling names or flame this forum. Take it to irc or a forum of your own :)
I vote now for the JunkYard!!! :mrgreen:

Junkyard away, I just wanted to point out no one is providing proof of comments made.
g
glowbug

Post by glowbug »

proof doesnt need to be provided on a public thread but to the investigating people only, as has been pointed out this is a user who broke the rules and was treated as any decent host company would and deleted for abuse of very well written rules, actualy for breaking several of the rules. i have been a happy satisfied customer and have had timely answers for all needs, the host is looking out for not only his business but for other customers as well by deleting abusers and i commend them for swift action on this matter. :D
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Wow, I love this thread. It is rife with claim and counter claim.

Put it this way, if taken to court, the OP would be laughed out and the company given stern warnings in customer service.

In all the years I have delth with shells, I have to say that I agree that pitbullshells.com is likely one of the worst I have seen, and it takes quite a bit to make me say that.

Any company that deals with a customer the way they have done on this thread deserves all the litigation people can muster.

As a company, it is your job to promote your customer service skills when challenged. Not to bitch at them and give them as much abuse as they give you. If you can keep you head cool regardless of what is said, and I mean regardless (punch a wall or somthing), then you wouldn't be awarded the "worlds most bitchy shell provider" award from me.

As for pulling your friends in from IRC, well, call me stupid, but that is the worst thing you could have done. Hell, I am tempted to delete there posts on the grounds of advertising, but I am not, because the "stupid" facor is far greater.

Not just do they praise you in a way that makes them look like they have a sexual as well as customer relationship with you, but they also bitch at the OP. Asking your customers to do that againt promotes little other than bad CS.

However, the OP does not get away scott free.

I deal with customers like this one daily. They are not there to grind the axe at the company, but to make them look big. Maybe the company did make a mistake, so what, [censored] happens.

It is upto the customer to convey themselves in a way that will mean the company doesn't take the hump. It should take a lot to do that, but needlessly, you should be as polite as possible regardless.

As for making rant posts, well, you can also construct them in ways that make people look like your are serious. The way you have gone about this post is about as wrong as you can get.

By all means, say this happened, that happened, but whatever you do, do not niglect to mention facts, it makes you look like the bad party in the long run.

It is also futile to post about a company, where you have failed to adhear to there rules. Just because they provide a low quality service, it is not a licence to break the rules. Doing this as a retaliation will only benefit the company. The contract you agreed to allows the company to make mistakes, but it never allows the consumer too.

As bad as that may be, sumb consumers agree to these things.

However, my "Stupid remark of the month" award is being sent out to Exil3d. I don't nkow if this guy is a customer, staff or just a fly-by-bitcher, however, his comments have made me laugh.
Oh, before I forget... many of my family members work for visa, suggesting I know how visa works... Never would visa give you back money without contacting the source (pitbullshells) or investigating for at least a couple hours. Nothing was received from visa. Lying is dumb. Just walk away and don't come back with your trash.
As I said, regardless of who you are, you have just tarnished pitbullshells.com's reputation for good.

I couln't care less if your grandpa was a atomic physisist, it doesn't mean jack squat. Because you obviously don't know how the Visa chargeback system works.

It's called Consumer and Credit Law. It is part of our rights, are regardless of who you are, what you do or what the company did, you can recall the funds.

As a VISA accepting company, pitbullshells.com have accepted that chargebacks can and will be made agsinst them. They must be willing to accept the risks. They must also note it will happen without warning.

Only after this happens will VISA perform an investigation. Hell, even pitbullshells.com himself noted this is the way it works.

To sumarise on this thread, you have the consumer with a will to break the rules when he feels hard done by, then we have a company attempting to defend itself by birating the customer in clear view of the public, and in my eyes, giving customer information out without there express concent.[/quote]
p
pitbullshells.com
Voice

Hey ppslim, thanks for your input on this. I think the only thing you are not understanding here though is, he was banned from our channel for acting lewd and sending uninvited messages to female customers. We welcome all our customers to idle in our channel, but also at the same time, being a customer doesn't give you right to do as you feel in our channel. He received a bunch of warnings, once it reached the point that others did not want to be in the same channel as him. At that point it was time to give one last waring before throwing the +b on him. Even after he was banned he still had service until he decided to run extra bg's.

As for this tread ruining as, We had people sign up yesterday evening that learned about us from reading the thread :D
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

pitbullshells.com wrote:Hey ppslim, thanks for your input on this. I think the only thing you are not understanding here though is, he was banned from our channel for acting lewd and sending uninvited messages to female customers. We welcome all our customers to idle in our channel, but also at the same time, being a customer doesn't give you right to do as you feel in our channel. He received a bunch of warnings, once it reached the point that others did not want to be in the same channel as him. At that point it was time to give one last waring before throwing the +b on him. Even after he was banned he still had service until he decided to run extra bg's.

As for this tread ruining as, We had people sign up yesterday evening that learned about us from reading the thread :D

I fully agree with the posting of ppslim.

What I particularly disliked is that suddenly various "customers" join this forum to support a certain shell provider. Their comments are worth nothing in this thread. It only leaves one to conclude that the shell admin is not able to handle the issue himself.

There will always be issues between shell providers and customers. The way you handle such issues reflects the quality of the shell provider.

Appearantly this thread has now come to the point where we are discussing how/when/why someone was banned/kicked from a channel. This is hardly interesting. And as far as I am concerned this thread can be closed.
w
webstar
Voice

Post by webstar »

pitbullshells.com wrote:Hey ppslim, thanks for your input on this. I think the only thing you are not understanding here though is, he was banned from our channel for acting lewd and sending uninvited messages to female customers. We welcome all our customers to idle in our channel, but also at the same time, being a customer doesn't give you right to do as you feel in our channel. He received a bunch of warnings, once it reached the point that others did not want to be in the same channel as him. At that point it was time to give one last waring before throwing the +b on him. Even after he was banned he still had service until he decided to run extra bg's.

I promised myself I wasn't going to reply to this anymore but i'm going to anyways.

You keep saying I made lewd and sexual comments towards someone in the channel but each time I ask for the proof of these comments i am ignored or a get a replies like "proof doesnt need to be provided on a public thread but to the investigating people only" Well guess what in any company or court of law anyone making a accusation that something was said would have to provide proof to what was said and it would be made available to the parties involved. I've worked HR in a Gov. dept and I know how the process works as it happens almost monthly in the large depts.

Now since you keep bringing this up I suppose didn't do anykind of investigation like I told you to. If you would have gotten off your big butt and made one /msg to the person I told you to ask you would have found out by now that I am GAY. Now explain to me what these lewd and sexual comments towards a FEMALE were because I would really like to know and i'm sure the others would now too.

Onto some other points, you as a business should have tried to correct the problem with the 1 login and 12 bg's before you took action but you didn't and when you were asked to created more logins on april 27th you should have acted when you said you would rather then taking your sweet time like you do with all account issues. Oh sure you were quick to cancel someones account and post a link to a unlisted AUP when it worked in your favor and allowed you to take someones money for nothing.

Also you and your followers keep saying that it never takes you more then 3 hours to do anything then why a) was account paid on May 4th yet not created until the 17th and not even created by you. b) when account changes were asked for they were never done yet you could cancel the account in that amount of time. c) emails and messages on irc are never answered I HAVE YET TO GET ONE EMAIL FROM YOU. I EVEN HAD TO GO ON IRC TO FIND OUT WHAT PAYPAL ADDRESS TO SEND PAYMENT TOO.

Anyways you know what if I cared that much about the $6 I could have visited my lawyer already and have him deal with it and I would have tons of proof on my side because mirc logs everything, now I know you will keep saying logs can be faked well that would be for you to prove that they are fake. All I wanted was my account reactivated, i'd still be happy to pay each month for the shells as the servers were not that bad just the service from the humans sucked.

Let me throw out one final comment, I still wonder why you would change company names from shelltopia which had a pretty good website and a pretty good reputation for service to pitbullshells which looks like a child coded it over the weekend and has bad service. It tends to make a person wonder if you pissed off enough people on the shelltopia name that you had to change it.

FYI the 12 bgs were running for almost 3 weeks before I heard anything about it being a problem, and that was only when the account was disabled, all my bots left irc and 10 mins later I got a email saying i was running 14 BG's. I have never ran 14 bgs I only ever had 12 running yet on the email I got from your company it says I had 14 running on your servers INCLUDING NX01.conf which is my hub bot and ONLY ever ran on my own system here and never on your system. If I was really trying to just cause problems I could have made 20 or 30 bots and put them online.

Quote from pitbullshells.com "We had people sign up yesterday evening that learned about us from reading the thread "

Ah so your ADVERTISING is working.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Food for thought indeed.
I think the only thing you are not understanding here though is, he was banned from our channel for acting lewd and sending uninvited messages to female customers
I heard that loud and clear, and if you didn't read my post, I sugest you do. The customer doesn't come out as any real shining star from it.

Kicks, bans or whatever, are up to you, can frankly, any company can do what they want in a IRC based chat room, and I wouldn't care.

Though in your favour, I do agree, you had more than enough grounds to ban him.

However, your companies attitude seems to revolve around how people behave in your chat room.

Don't you get the picture?

If a customer is irate, you either try to put there issue right, inform them it can't be put right till a certain time and reward them if needed or you colate evidence and ban them.

Those are the only three choices any company has. No more, no less.

However, it is then the customer right to make claim to issues with your service, as he did, then your right to defend them.

A defence is as it sounds, it isn't a bitching parlour.

Now remember, I am not you and I am sure as hell certain I don't know the full story from either parties.
Sorry to hear of your issues, however, I feel you have been misleading in some of your comments.

You contacted us through our chat room on Efnet, to complain of issues regarding your service.

At this point, you where informed that you had a second login, to enable you to run more BG services.

At this point, it would appear you became further enranged, for unknwon reasons (please help us by informing us why this was). Lewd comments where made to various channel members through both the channel and private message.

After warnings, you where banned from the channel, and I am sure that any channel admin would have done this, regardless of the fact we operate our channel to provide Customer Service and Support.

However, on this fact, no action other than a channel ban was taken against you, with your account remaining open and in use.

At this time, you further continued to pursue the issue, by launching multiple BG processes on a single account, contrary to the Acceptable Use Policies you accepted during signup.

You had as noted, been provided with a second login in which to launch these BG processes.

After further warnings and inline with the contract you agreed to, your service was terminated.

If you continue to feel these actions where inapropriate, please feel free to reply, at which point we will try to comment further on your questions.
Look, I got my point accross, I did not once show as angry and I justified all my actions in a calm manner.

Whilst you may be thinking "F*** him, I can't be as*** with your custom", which I proably would, you can't show that side in public. It does you know favours.

Indeed, there is no need to bring proof to a public areana, and you shouldn't need to justify yourself in public. However, customer service is customer service, it gives a lasting impression on who you are and how you will treat me.

As for webstar.

mIRC logs are nothing. I can fake a mIRC log in all of double the time it takes for me to work out what I want to fake.

Breach of the AUP, regardless of putbullshells honouring your second login or not, is a breach. You are supposed to follow these rules, regardless of how they treat you.

A court would see that you have broken the rules and likely throw your case out. Simple as. You can't justify breaking the rules, because your didn't get the service you wanted.

It would be a whole differance ball game if it was pitbullshells taking you to court however. You could justify it then, but not if you started littigation.