This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

In need of HTTP parsing TCL - Will pay by PayPal

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
r
rvrsl
Voice

In need of HTTP parsing TCL - Will pay by PayPal

Post by rvrsl »

I'm currently in need of a fun little TCL script that will display whats on TV and get the information from www.tvtome.com. Ideally it would work something like this:

When a user requests the info by trigger in a public channel (trigger can change, would be configurable), the TCL would then parse the info from http://www.tvtome.com/features/neweps.shtml and display it in a pretty 2 or 3 color output to the channel. The user could issue the trigger for whats on only tonight, or whats on for a specific date. Example of output:

[03:52] [user] · !whatson tonight
[03:52] [tvbot] · TV Tonight for Wednesday April 13
[03:52] [tvbot] · 8:00
[03:52] [tvbot] · [FOX] American Idol
[03:52] [tvbot] · [WB] Smallville
[03:52] [tvbot] · [UPN] America's Next Top Model
[03:52] [tvbot] · [Nickelodeon] All Grown Up
[03:52] [tvbot] · [Discovery] It Takes a Thief (2005)
[03:52] [tvbot] · 8:30
[03:52] [tvbot] · [FOX] The Simple Life
[03:52] [tvbot] · 9:00
[03:52] [tvbot] · [ABC] Alias
[03:52] [tvbot] · [CBS] The King of Queens
[03:52] [tvbot] · [WB] Jack & Bobby
[03:52] [tvbot] · [UPN] Kevin Hill
[03:52] [tvbot] · 9:30
[03:52] [tvbot] · [CBS] Yes, Dear
[03:52] [tvbot] · 10:00
[03:52] [tvbot] · [ABC] Eyes
[03:52] [tvbot] · [CBS] CSI: NY
[03:52] [tvbot] · [NBC] Law & Order
[03:52] [tvbot] · [Comedy Central] South Park
[03:52] [tvbot] · [TLC] While You Were Out
[03:52] [tvbot] · [TV Land] Chasing Farrah

Or if a user wanted to view the shows on April 17th, then they optionally could also do that such as:

[03:52] [user] · !whatson April 17
[03:52] [tvbot] · TV for Saturday April 17

And then of course would display for April 17th. All of the info is there. The dates, the titles it all just needs to be parsed and displayed in a channel in a nice readable format as above.

Please post offers and estimates here on what you feel this script is worth and how long it would take. You can contact me on ICQ at 861876 or at MSN on rvrsl@msn.com if you have any questions. Also, awyeah here on the board should be able to vouch for my legitimacy if you have any doubt.
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

There's already some scripts out there thats doing something similar to this,
like SerieInfo and EPGuru and tonight.tcl.
r
rvrsl
Voice

Post by rvrsl »

Well, I'm already using EPGuru which just shows information about a specific show but does parse the info from TVTome. It's quite a complicated script so theres no way I could mod it to do what I need, I just don't know TCL very well. The others are somewhat similar but aren't really what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the post though. :wink:
r
rvrsl
Voice

Post by rvrsl »

Just an update on this, I found a great coder. He coded the script within a few days and the transaction has been done. Great little script.
T
TBayBuc
Voice

Post by TBayBuc »

Has anyone yet found a script such as the one being asked about here that parses the information from tvtome.com? If so, please let me know.
r
rvrsl
Voice

TBayBuc

Post by rvrsl »

I would highly suggest against anyone giving anything to this child. He's deserving of nothing less than a kick in the face. He has the balls to message me on MSN to beg for the script, then about his his 3rd line into the conversation was inquiring about the my finances regarding the amount I agreed to pay the coder for the script. When I said it's no ones business and I'm not interested in selling it, he cried , mumbled something about "not working with assholes" and signed off.

Listen parents, this is why you need to keep closer watch on your children. Add forum.egghelp.org to the NetNanny list. :lol:
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Add you to the NetNanny list. :P
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Alchera wrote:Add you to the NetNanny list. :P
Here here. We didnt need to know any of that rvrsl. You just made me waste a whole 20 seconds reading your pointless post. :evil:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Well, that makes two of us so far. One would hope that maybe a moderator could assign all that diatribe to the junk pile? :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
G
Galadhrim
Op

Re: TBayBuc

Post by Galadhrim »

rvrsl wrote:I would highly suggest against anyone giving anything to this child. He's deserving of nothing less than a kick in the face. He has the balls to message me on MSN to beg for the script, then about his his 3rd line into the conversation was inquiring about the my finances regarding the amount I agreed to pay the coder for the script. When I said it's no ones business and I'm not interested in selling it, he cried , mumbled something about "not working with assholes" and signed off.

Listen parents, this is why you need to keep closer watch on your children. Add forum.egghelp.org to the NetNanny list. :lol:
you came begging in here? What does that make you? "will pay by PayPal". Pot kettle black.