This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

incith:weather (2.8p) (Dec. 18th, 2008)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
G
Glavata
Voice

Post by Glavata »

I am getting a few errors, and unsure how to proceed. Using Incith:Weather 2.8r that speechless posted a few posts back.

Code: Select all

!weather new york
and in partyline I see:
Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: can't read "lr": no such variable

!weather miami, FL
and in partyline I see:
Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: unable to convert date-time string "January</option><option selected="selected" value="2">February</option><option value="3">March</option><option value="4">April</option><option value="5">May</option><option value="6">June</option><option value="7">July</option><option value="8">August</option><option value="9">September</option><option value="10">October</option><option value="11">Novem
In both cases, the bot does not respond with anything in the channel.
4everlearning
Voice

Post by 4everlearning »

I am receiving same error that Glavata is getting. Did wunderground maybe change again?

I might mention that I am using incith:weather-2.8p
L
LiquidIce
Halfop

Post by LiquidIce »

error just started happening today
Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: unable to convert date-time string "January</option><option selected="selected" value="2">February</option><option value="3">March</option><option value="4">April</option><option value="5">May</option><option value="6">June</option><option value="7">July</option><option value="8">August</option><option value="9">September</option><option value="10">October</option>
m
marx2k
Voice

Post by marx2k »

I get the same error here.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

@4everlearning : there's no need to copy/paste the info you see on their blog, as the author of the script (or who maintains it) will notice the change and will do the required adjustments to make it work again.

I can't help it wondering why doesn't the author use the API they've made for fetching the weather? :roll:

By using the API the script would continue working no matter the changes they made to the layout of the main page.
Last edited by caesar on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

This might just be a temp fix, not sure how long 'classic' version will remain up.

proc fetch_html {query {query_url "http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query="} {no_format 0}} {
Change to:

proc fetch_html {query {query_url "http://classic.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query="} {no_format 0}} {
b
br00
Voice

Post by br00 »

nice one cache, works for now :)
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

Good call cache :)
Libera ##rtlsdr & ##re - Nick: spithash
Click here for troll.tcl
L
LiquidIce
Halfop

Post by LiquidIce »

nice save :)
thankx
R
Racquet
Voice

Post by Racquet »

Can someone try !weather 15222 and see if it spams your channel with html garbage and other stuff. Odd enough, most other places I have checked return correct format.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Racquet wrote:Can someone try !weather 15222 and see if it spams your channel with html garbage and other stuff. Odd enough, most other places I have checked return correct format.
Hmm...
<speechles> !wz 15222
<sp33chy> speechles's weather request; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (40.4°N/80.0°W); Updated: 6:50 PM EST (February 03, 2011); Conditions: Clear; Temperature: 27.7°F (-2.4°C); Windchill: 28°F (-2°C); High/Low: 29/14°F (-1/-10°C); UV: 0/16; Humidity: 59%; Dew Point: 33.8°F (1.0°C); Wind: SW at 1.0 MPH (1.6 KPH)
Seems.. fine to me... but wait...

Incith-Weather v2.9

That's because I fixed it. :)

So yeah, it did do that. Just like temperatures, sometimes dew points will not have both Fahrenheit and Celsius. So I've done the same way I fixed the temperatures, only take one, and figure the other out with some simple maths. Enjoys ;)
R
Racquet
Voice

Post by Racquet »

Thanks for the quick reply. It's working properly. I did the url change a few days ago and was wondering in your latest version if line 771 should be changed to ->
array set output [fetch_html "[lindex $lu 0]" "http://classic.wunderground.com" 1]

for those cases. I'd offer an example of which I had two days ago; alas, my bnc didn't keep the messages.
r
redfeather
Voice

Post by redfeather »

Unfortunately neither of those fixes work for me.

!weather 90042
Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: too many nested evaluations (infinite loop?)

!forecast 90042
Tcl error [incith::weather::forecast_handler]: too many nested evaluations (infinite loop?)
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

Working fine for me.. did you download the new version 2.9? speechles posted a link to it.
H
HashPipe
Voice

Post by HashPipe »

cache wrote:This might just be a temp fix, not sure how long 'classic' version will remain up.

proc fetch_html {query {query_url "http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query="} {no_format 0}} {
Change to:

proc fetch_html {query {query_url "http://classic.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query="} {no_format 0}} {
Thanks for that!!!